Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rainy Days & Mondays

Today is the first rainy day that we have had since I have been unemployed. I don't know about you but I love the rain. That is, as long as I don't have to go out in it.

I commute by public transit. This is by choice. I have been car-free for 6 years. Most of the time I love it, except when it rains. When it rains, the streets flood and all the vehicles splash you as you wait for the light to change and it's virtually impossible to stay warm, let alone dry.

Of course, this being Southern California, it really doesn't rain all that often. In the past 6 years, I have only had to call out from work once due to rain. I was living in Valley Glen and I couldn't cross the street without going literally knee-deep in water. So I phoned my supervisor, explained the situation, and asked to be transferred to the co-workers who lived near me. They agreed to pick me up if it happened in the future. It never did, but I was ready!

So today, I am taking a rain day. I didn't have to go out, I only wanted to go out. I am going to enjoy NOT going out to its fullest because the next time it rains, I hope to be working!

No comments:

Post a Comment